Duelist Kingdom
Welcome to Duelist Kingdom Academy, For information regarding our Knight Houses, tournaments, and other things please proceed to the "Why Choose Duelist Kingdom" Category and learn about us. register now Very Happy

Duelist Kingdom

Welcome Loyal Subjects
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Display results as :
Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Underworld 5 Movie In Hindi
Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:02 pm by elmwande

» Moldavite.Starborn.Stone.of.Transformation.pdf
Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:11 am by elmwande

» Www Desi Lady Sex Com 3gp
Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:20 am by elmwande

» Www Desi Lady Sex Com 3gp
Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:19 am by elmwande

» Free Download Video Mesum Guru Dan Murid 3gp.rar
Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:49 am by elmwande

» MagicEncyclopediaIllusionsRus [tfile.ru]
Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:21 pm by elmwande

» OO Defrag Professional 14.1.431 [mp3pro1986
Fri May 30, 2014 10:31 am by elmwande

» RescueTeamRus 5713
Thu May 29, 2014 8:49 pm by elmwande

» 3D MPlayer
Thu May 29, 2014 9:05 am by elmwande

Share | 

Yugioh and Math

Go down 
Superpaladistic Owner
Superpaladistic Owner

PostSubject: Yugioh and Math   Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:43 pm

You may find this hard to believe but math has a very large role in the world of yugioh, especially when it comes to building a deck.

The most common number of cards in a deck ranges from 40 to 50, 40 is the minimum requirement and while some say it is the best number to have, this is not always the case.

I would urge someone to not use a deck of 60 unless they feel it is absolutely necessary for their deck. (an example of this is a warrior deck which needs a lot of spell cards to back it up, as well as monsters to swarm the field. )

Math and percents are imperitive to your strategy.

If my deck is 40 cards, i have 10 traps, 10 spells, 20 monsters, an even distribution between monster cards to summon, and spells and traps to support thus making my chances of drawing monsters 50% and chances of drawing support 50%, an even balance provides speed to strategy.

You should always keep as many magic/traps, as you have monsters.

having 20 monsters but 35 spell and traps would work terribly because you have so many non monster cards, you could hardly sommon a thing.

having 35 monsters but 20 spell and traps wouldn't work as well either because now your drawing too many monsters, seeing how you can only normal summon once a turn (Don't take other cards into account just the math people) You have a hand full of monsters you can't summon, isntead of spells and traps you can utilize with your monsters.

Make sense?

Equality is the first step to deck making. I use anything from 40 cards to 60 cards, i prefer a nice even 50 because most times, 40 just isn't enough.

So quick recap, 60 monsters is discouraged but sometimes nessessary, a solid deck number for new players is 50 until you learn to properly construct your deck, and always always ALWAYS have an equivilent monster to magic/trap ratio. Doing this will make your deck that much more effective

Any questions? Post them below
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yugioh and Math
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Duelist Kingdom :: Classes and Lessons :: Deck Building Class-
Jump to: